What are competitions?
Competitions are a wonderful way of building confidence and performance ability, they are held at a local, regional or national level. You choose where and how many competitions you enter. Most children start with one dance and add more later, all entry forms are posted here or on the studio notice board.
Your teacher will talk to about what they think will suit the dance, costumes can be borrowed, hired or made for you by a seamstress.
The recommended seamstress is Lauren and her details can be given to you on request.
What do I need to do if I am interested?
Talk to your teacher about learning a dance, they will advise you on what style is most appropriate, and what competition is the best goal.
- Students will approach the teacher they wish to learn the dance from.
- Students discuss with the teacher what they would like to learn and by the costs involved.
- A studio will need to be booked through firstname.lastname@example.org for use at the private lesson, discuss with the teacher whether you will need to book this or they will do it
- Students will pay the teacher the fee discussed
- The teacher will have the music ready for the lesson
- Students are to have practiced before they come to the lesson (otherwise it is a very expensive practice session) if it is not a first lesson.
- Lessons can be for competition dances or exam work.
- 24hrs notice is required to the teacher if the lesson has to be cancelled.
PACANZ - 2017
This was our mixed genre performance at nationals we had 37 performers on the stage!
Such a highlight.